Model: Accord Saloon 2.2 i-DTEC EX GT (UK specification)
Engine: 2.2-litre inline-four diesel
Power: 110 kW (148 hp) @ 4000 rpm
Torque: 350 Nm (258 lb-ft) @ 2000 rpm
Power per litre: 50.1 kW (67.3 hp)
Torque per litre: 159.1 Nm (117.3 lb-ft)
Transmission: 6-speed manual or 5-speed automatic
Drivetrain: Front-wheel drive
Kerb weight: 1540 kg (manual)
0-62 mph (0-100 km/h): 9.6 seconds
1/4 mile (0-400 metres): –
Top speed: 212 km/h (132 mph)
2011 Honda Accord (UK)
Honda Media Release
18 February 2011
The new cleaner, sharper and ever reliable Honda Accord revised range goes on sale in the UK on 1 July 2011. Prices start at £21,695 OTR for the 2.0 i-VTEC ES Saloon and £23,050 OTR for the Tourer model.
• Revised Accord range starts from £21,695 OTR for the Accord 2.0 i-VTEC ES Saloon
• Tourer models start at £23,050 for the 2.0 i-VTEC ES
• Standard entry level equipment includes 17-inch alloy wheels, Bluetooth, MP3/i-POD connectivity, Cruise control and Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA)
• Top of the range, more powerful Type S model starts at £29,400 OTR (Saloon) and £30,755 (Tourer) and features Satellite Navigation, 18-inch alloy wheels, Bi-HID headlights with the new Active Cornering Light and High Beam Support System as standard.
The Honda Accord benefits from improvements to fuel economy, refinement and exterior design to boost its competitiveness in the corporate market. Both Saloon and Tourer models offer improved fuel economy and reduced emissions compared to their predecessors with the popular 2.2 i-DTEC ES and ES GT manual Saloon at 138g/km and the automatic variant at 159g/km now fitting in comfortably below the all-important 160g/km Write Down Allowance threshold.
Joining the 2.2 i-DTEC in the sub 160g/km category is the sporty Type S in both Saloon and Tourer guise and 2.0 the i-VTEC manual in the Saloon.
“This sharpened engine range is yet another step in our determination to reduce the combustion engine’s environmental impact without sacrificing on refinement or performance of the car.
“This now means company car drivers will pay just £78 per month in BiK (basic rate tax payer) for the highly specified 2.2 i-DTEC ES GT manual Saloon – that’s excellent value for money for the most reliable car in its class*,” commented Ollie Parsons, National Leasing and SMR Manager, Honda (UK)
Standard equipment across the range includes Bluetooth Hands Free telephone, 17-inch alloy wheels, CD player, MP3/iPod connectivity, Cruise control, Dual-zone climate control air conditioning, plus all the safety features you would expect from Honda including Vehicle Stability Assist, Brake Assist and side airbags.
Top of the range EX and Type S models benefit from all of the above plus DVD Satellite Navigation, leather upholstery, electric and heated front seats with two-stage memory function, Premium audio with in-dash 6CD Tuner and 10 speakers.
* First place in the ‘Upper Medium’ category, JD Power Survey 2010